Thursday, May 5, 2011

The day after

So, this morning after I'd had a chance to shower and decompress and look back on last night, I know that I just need to buckle down and push harder. I have roughly a week of school left and all I can do is finish all my classes, pray that I got my GPA high enough to graduate, and move on with my life. In the meantime I am trying to start working in mini workouts throughout my day. A set of squats here and there, push-ups and sit-ups during commercials if I'm watching TV, wall push-ups while I'm making dinner, and then continue to bring it with jogging, bike rides, and as much skating as I can work in...since the skating involves driving and gas is over $4 a gallon though, that might be harder. Also, yoga/pilates to increase my balance and work my core. I know that endurance is a big part of derby but a stronger core is going to allow me to get up from falls faster and keep me more stable on my skates.

Mr. Von Doom is getting me new knee pads for our anniversary and I will be getting them early so I can get used to them prior to our upcoming bout against the Eerie Roller Girls. Also we might have a new practice space and potential new home altogether for CCRD which means less of a drive for me and has the potential to garner us a LOT of new skaters...at least for the area we live in. I cannot give up on this now. Not when we have all worked so hard. DL<3!

Dixie Von D.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're not giving up! I've had many many MANY times where I've also felt like giving up, but I've worked too hard to let it all go now. It sounds like you've got a really supportive team and derby widow, so take advantage of that support and go for it!

    ReplyDelete