Thursday, February 2, 2012

End of Bootcamp

SO...I'm back after going to a months worth of bootcamps that were run by an awesome derby girl that I skate with (Love me some Stratosfear!!!) and I do think it has helped my skating. I did try to fit in extra workouts at home and have made some progress in the respect that I am working out more often. Even if I'm only doing short workouts at home that's better than sitting on my ass. And last night I felt faster than I had at the end of last year.

Personal success...

I'm back in the same size jeans I wore in high school and can wear a Junior size XL in some bottoms. Not bad at all I don't think. I'd like to drop one or maybe two more sizes,but I'm not sure if the width of my hips will allow that...LOL

Last night I FINALLY managed to do several front to back transitions on my skates. Mind you I moving at a snails pace, but the fact that I did them had me grinning like an idiot. I'm trying to decide what was a bigger success, this or...

My very first successful jam in which I was called lead. I was jamming against Stratosfear and she's in awesome shape in addition to being an overall much faster skater than me. But the girls on my scrimmage team held her up with some serious positional blocking while Aeon Fox gave me a giant whip through for lead status. Fear came out right after me though and we were on. It ended in a giant pile up as I was trying to pass the star and I landed flat on my back from which pointed I called it.

So I do feel like I am improving, even if sometimes the gains are quite slow. I need to work on my toestop runs and am hoping to score a gym membership, but that remains to be seen. All is well in derby land. <3

Dixie von D.

No comments:

Post a Comment