Saturday, February 25, 2012

Suck it up Buttercup!

So...I got over my whiny fit. I put my big girl panties on. And I went to practice Wednesday night. I was determined to have a good practice and do well. I was also skating on different wheels that I am borrowing and they felt slippery. I think that was due to a cushion change I had made though and it has since been corrected.

I was feeling pretty good and I've gotten so that I will step up and jam in scrimmage. I'm gonna get it! I stood on the jam line and was deliberately trying to annoy my opponent. I wanted to force her out, back, or simply distract her and apparently it worked. She took off before the jammer whistle blew and was forced to yield position. I was moving at a good clip, even with some slickness and had at least once (a teammate says two) really good,hard lateral cuts through the pack. According to my coach and teammates I was thisclose to passing the pack on the outside. Then I fell...on my face. Busted my knee brace. And had a panic attack. Damn it.

But the fact that I was seriously holding my own and about to make it through that pack. HELL. YES.

Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment