Thursday, July 15, 2010

Progress

Yay for progress! If it would happen faster I'd be happier, but good things take time...or so I've heard. Patience is NOT one of my virtues. My blood sugar got wonky on me at practice because I didn't eat well enough apparently and I missed out on a chunk of things, but I did notice that my form is improving and my back muscles are getting stronger and not hurting. And...this made my night...I'm starting to figure out crossovers!! I'm not consistent and I feel like I might fall over doing them, but I'm going to blame part of that on wearing crappy rental skates! LOL I really need to start pushing for endurance and going harder and faster and I think changing my eating habits and upping my exercise levels outside of practice will do that. And for the commenter who appears to be my derby twin (hi Bash!!) I can't get up without using my hands either. One more thing to work on. Gotta get those core muscles toughened up! Hopefully my skates will arrive by next week and I can start monkeying with them to get a set up I'm happy with. Any advice from the veteran skaters out there is always welcome! DL<3

Dixie D.

No comments:

Post a Comment