Sunday, July 18, 2010

Skates!

My skates arrived yesterday and I have to say that I think I did pretty good. They aren't the Sure Grip Rebel Invader that I REALLY, REALLY want. However at the price of less than $30 and in almost new shape I think a pair of Rock Speed Freaks in the (apparently) discontinued purple flame design is a good deal. The wheels are still new enough that I can see the grooves on them and despite some signs of rust the bearings spin well enough for now. New laces are $2.00 at my local Walmart and the little toe plugs won't be too much to replace. If I can get several months out of them while I save for the Rebel Invaders that'll be fine with me. And once that happens I'll slap some outdoor wheels on this pair and be all set. Next on my agenda is acquiring protective gear from Suburban Blend which will hopefully occur soon cause I know that the longer I skate without any padding the more my risk of injury grows as I put myself out there week after week. Luckily, when I learned how to skate as a kid I also learned how to fall and don't have anything more than a few minor scrapes and bruises.
Also, the article in the local indy newspaper finally hit print and I can't find a paper copy anywhere! But here's the web link! I'm the tall, goofy one on the end wearing a Pink Floyd shirt. I hate having my picture taken...*grumble* DL<3

Dixie D.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for skates! I really want a new pair with aluminum plates, but I am saving that for when I pass assessments :)

    Word of advice...get pads quick! You will be amazed at the progress you will be able to make once you aren't so concerned about falling and getting hurt. Spend the extra and get some really good knee pads. It is totally worth the investment! :)

    ReplyDelete