Friday, October 22, 2010

practice makes progress

So Wednesday night at practice some of us began boycotting certain drills because there are things that we need to be working on that we aren't and things that we are working on that don't seem quite so necessary as prepping for our minimum skills test. I spent more time off skates than was probably ideal, but the time I did have went well. My wheels are still not here (big shock...) and our coach kept telling me I needed to use speed to get through the pack during jamming drills. Do you know how hard it is to get any sort of speed when you're using outdoor wheels on a sport court surface?? Srsly?? I'm almost ready to just order them from elsewhere and eat the extra cost. But Cannonball has an older set of Caymans that she's going to let me borrow and I know that as much as I have heard people say that Caymans suck they will have to better than the outdoor wheels I'm using now. And that was practice. No major falls, nothing super exciting. I'm still improving, I've lost a pound according to the scale, but none of my clothes fit right which indicates that I'm losing fat and inches and gaining muscle. I fit into a size 20 top again which I haven't been able to comfortably do for a while now so yay for that! And now...off to mundane things like housework. DL<3

Dixie von D.

No comments:

Post a Comment