Friday, August 20, 2010

Thoughts of a newb

Taking a look back at all of my practices thus far I can see that I am improving and getting better, even if it is happening far slower than I care for it to be happening. I'm already over my fit about Wed. night and looking forward to next week although really hoping new wheels are in before them. If not I will be cleaning my current set so they shine.LOL I keep dreaming about myself going out and exercising more when I'm not skating. I think my body is trying to tell me that I need to get my shit together and do it! I'm not sure about my goal of actually losing weight before the cruise, but I am shooting for having gained some muscle tone and losing some of the flabby soft parts. Inches lost due to muscle and not flab are just as good as lost weight for me. And my hubby did comment the other day that all the skating is doing wonders for my (his words not mine) already cute butt. LOL So, in order to be a better skater I need to start getting my exercise on, focus on areas that need improvement, and get over my anxiety issues. Although to be honest when I freaked out the other night and the girls were so supportive it helped, even if I do still feel like a loser when I panic like that. DL<3

Dixie D.

1 comment:

  1. I have been told time and time again that the main thing is that you are trying. For some of us (myself included) it takes a lot of time to get there. But I have to look at it this way...it just makes getting there that much sweeter. :)

    ReplyDelete