Monday, March 14, 2011

Roller Derby Workout DVD

So I've had this DVD hanging out for a month or so before I finally got around to trying it and despite the fact that I've been skating for several hours a week for several months this workout kicks my butt. I'm doing it off skates so I don't accidentally kick my cat in the head, but I still love it. We have an event coming up in April so I'm going to try to do this at least 3x a week til then and see how much I have improved in that time. Also, we will be bouting against ROC Derby in August and really want to be good and ready for that so the Babes can show the world what we're made of.

I've spent too long talkin' about steppin' it up without doing it so now I've got my game on and gonna make some progress towards being a badass derby girl! DL<3

Dixie von D.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying your blog so far. I started at the beginning (last summer) and am working my way through it in pieces (currently on September). I can identify with soooo much of what you write, including the anxiety. I don't have full blown panic attacks, but I sure would like to rid myself of a good helping of anxiety. I can tell through your posts how determined you are, and I also feel that same drive, sandwiched between my own "I suck" moments. Ok, "moments" makes it sound so small. It's more like "I suck" weeks, with a few rewarding practices here and there. I'm looking forward to catching up to the present in your blog and seeing your progress. Alas, I'm at work, and have to pace my off-task activities so I'll be sure to come back.

    ReplyDelete